Founder, Chief Strategist
My areas of expertise are centered around recruiting (single placements and mergers/acquisitions), strategic planning, succession planning, and serving as a virtual COO/CMO.
Beyond my work with law firm leaders, I’m a Mom, Extrovert, Podcast Buff, Documentary Filmophile, HGTV Junkie, Former Ice Skater, Triathlon Enthusiast, Dog Lover
GUIDING LAW FIRM LEADERS INTO THE FUTURE
As an outside consultant, I now lend my expertise to a variety of firms that need additional resources to help drive change, new revenue and enhance the management of day-to-day operations. Traditional consulting services are still part of my service offerings and depending on the size of the chosen strategy, the engagement can be as straightforward as developing a target client initiative or as complex as leading a merger or small firm acquisition.
- Harvard Law School Executive Education, Leadership in Law Firms, 2013
- White Belt in Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management from the Legal Lean Sigma Institute, 2015
- University of California, Davis – Extension Program, Workers’ Compensation Specialist, 1992
- Dozens of additional training programs hosted by the Sacramento County Bar Association, Bar Association of San Francisco, State Bar of California, Lorman Education, Legal Marketing Association, and Meritas Worldwide
- Legal Marketing Association
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Alumni Association, Harvard Law School Executive Education
- Partnership Council and Corporate Council, American Cancer Society
- National Association of Realtors (licensed Realtor in Florida under the Premier Sotheby’s International Realty brokerage)
I started my career over 30 years ago as a receptionist for a premier personal injury law firm. Over the next 20+ years, I served in a variety of roles including legal secretary, master calendar clerk, paralegal, hearing representative, proposal specialist, marketing and business development manager, and more. Later in my career, I served as Chief Operating Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for local and statewide firms. During my time as Chief Operating Officer at a boutique municipal law firm, I established their branding, advertising, website, strategic marketing, business development, recruiting, operations and administrative/HR functions. Prior to that, I served as Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for a preeminent statewide business and litigation firm leading all administrative, recruiting, marketing, business development, branding, advertising and PR functions, and was instrumental in the development and implementation of the firm’s strategic plan. I also led their mergers and acquisitions from initial meet and greet all the way through integration. As a consultant, I guide firms through the strategic planning and implementation process, provide attorney recruiting services, act as an outside Chief Operating Officer or Chief Marketing Officer, counsel senior attorneys through succession planning, and coach managing partners on how to be an effective and inspiring leader.
All consultants are independent contractors and not employed by C-Suite Solutions.