I focus on coaching individual attorneys and helping their management teams design and implement marketing, business development, and client service initiatives.
Over 20+ years of working with lawyers and their in-house revenue enablers, I’ve come to appreciate the unique challenges and opportunities facing doer-sellers. As a coach, trainer and consultant, I will listen, inspire, create, execute, measure, and celebrate your wins in marketing and business development. I test your presumptions and help you stretch outside your comfort zone. I show up as your role model and accountability partner grounded in intentionality and authenticity.
My background in the legal industry spans roles as salesperson, marketer, business developer, strategist, team-builder, project manager, event planner, social media campaigner, implementer, trusted advisor, trainer and coach.
As Principal of J FORESTER CONSULTING, I work collaboratively alongside the independent consultants affiliated with C-SUITE SOLUTIONS, serving clients throughout northern California and beyond. Prior to launching my consultancy, I was a Business Development Manager for AmLaw 200 firm Stoel Rives LLP, supporting national attorney teams for energy and natural resources clients. Before working in-house for Stoel and McDonough Holland & Allen, I developed advertising initiatives as an account executive to national law firms, utilizing ALM’s suite of legal media products.
My coaching and consulting services emphasize:
- Business Development (Sales) Training and Coaching Programs for Groups & Individuals
- Lateral Integration
- Associate/NextGen Leader Development Programs
- Firm Retreats – Trainings, Presentations, Planning and Logistics
- Representation at Conferences and Sponsored Events
- Client Feedback/Service Initiatives
- Content Marketing Campaigns, Social Media Management
- Signature Event and Client Seminar Strategy & Oversight
PRESENTATIONS & PROGRAMS
- Confronting Coronavirus: How to Run an Effective Virtual Meeting (March, 2020)
- Speed Networking & Personal Branding Workshop (facilitator, Placer County Bar Association Women Lawyers Section, November 6, 2019)
- MCLE: Conference Like a Boss . . . And Stay Sane Doing It (co-presenter, California Women Lawyers Annual Conference, September 20, 2019)
- Brown Bag Lunch Series: Hot to Attend a Conference Like a Boss (facilitator, Women Lawyers of Sacramento, September 9 & 10, 2019)
- Building a Client-Centric Bio (client training)
- Best Practices for Client Visits (client training)
- Networking Like a Boss (client training)
- LinkedIn for Lawyers: Best Practices for Beginners and Semi-Pros (client training)
- Best Practices for Associates on Building and Maintaining Strategic Relationships (client training)
- What Law Students Need to Know About Law Firm Business Development (McGeorge – guest lecture)
EDUCATION & EXTRAS
- Member, Legal Marketing Association; Former Bay Area Chapter Board Member and Sacramento City Group Chair
- Member, Sacramento Professional Advisors Network (SPAN)
- Volunteer Business Development Coach, Chicago Bar Foundation Justice Entrepreneurs Project (Nov. 2019 to Present)
- Interim Program Manager, Sacramento Region Innovation Awards, Stoel Rives LLP (2016 to 2019)
- Certified Champion, Greater Sacramento Economic Council, May 2017
- Retail Advisory Board Member, Certified Peer Counselor, Event Volunteer, WEAVE Inc.
- Founding Member, 100+ Woman Who Care Sacramento Valley
- Volunteer and Foster Family, NorCal Boxer Rescue
- Pepperdine University, B.S., Business Administration, 1996, magna cum laude
Fur-mama, Audible Junkie, Electric Vehicle Evangelist, Ambivert, Lefty, “Everything Speaks”
All consultants are independent contractors and not employed by C-Suite Solutions.