I HELP LAWYERS AVOID RANDOM ACTS OF MARKETING.
As a business development coach, I show attorneys at all levels how to balance online and offline communications to build meaningful books of business. Your digital self should mirror your real-life self. This alignment creates the kind of credibility, trust, and human connection that grows reputation and relationships.
In a post-pandemic economy, where more decisions will be made digitally, the basics behind business development and client care remain largely unchanged. I’m helping my clients adjust mindsets and methods for in-person, remote, and digital interactions in equal measure.
Individuals hire me for BD coaching and accountability. Firms engage me on a project basis, drawing on a decade of in-house legal marketing experience with boutiques and Big Law.
- 1:1 BD Coaching for Associates, New Partners, and NextGen Leaders
- LinkedIn – Private Coaching, Group Training, Profile Makeovers
- Business Development (Sales) Training Programs & Virtual Workshops
- Firm Retreats – Virtual Workshops, Team-Building, Strategic Planning
- Lateral Integration Plan Support
- Conferences and Sponsored Event Strategy
- Social Media Campaigns
- Project Management for Signature Events and Client Seminars
As a speaker, trainer, and facilitator, I deliver educational webinars and in-person workshops for private firms, bar associations, networking groups, industry conferences, and corporate retreats.
- Three Ways to Avoid Random Acts of Marketing in 2022 (February 2022, private client in-person training)
- LinkedIn Live-Action Mini-Makeover (January 2022, practice group retreat workshop)
- CASD Women’s Caucus LinkedIn Profile Makeover Workshop (November 9, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego)
- Essential Mindsets and Behaviors for Owning Your Career Calling (November 9, 2021, LMA Phoenix)
- LinkedIn Mini-Makeover Part 2: Rebooting Your Presence with Social Listening (October 5, 2021, ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, webinar)
- Relationship Building and Measuring ROI and ROE (October 2021, LMANext Portland and Seattle, roundtable facilitator)
- Social Selling with LinkedIn: Listening with Your Eyes and Taking Conversations Offline (September 14, 2021, Sacramento Professional Advisors Network)
- You’re Invited to a LinkedIn Makeover Mixer… On Remo! (August 24, 2021, LMA Northwest, workshop and networking activity using the Remo virtual event platform, presenter)
- What Law Firm Administrators Need to Know about the Newest LinkedIn Features (August 25, 2021, ALA Sacramento Valley monthly meeting educational program speaker)
- The Fresh Start Effect: How to Reboot Your Business Development Mindset, Motivation, and Methods in a Virtual Relationship Economy (June 2021, private client virtual workshop)
- Self-Care for Your E-Self: Tips to Curate Virtual and Digital Presence (June 2021, private client virtual workshop)
- Putting the Work into Virtual and In-Person Networking – Tips for Working a Room and Mastering the Medium (June 2021, LMANext Southeast, 6-part virtual workshop series)
- You’re Invited to a LinkedIn Profile Makeover Party (April 2021, LMA Tech West Conference, co-presented with Nancy Myrland)
- LinkedIn Mini-Makeover Part 1: Refreshing Your Profile (April 2021, ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, webinar)
- Reboot Your LinkedIn Presence in the New Year (January 2021, International Network of Boutique Law Firms, Silicon Valley Chapter monthly meeting)
- How to Attend a Virtual Conference Like a Boss (January 2021, Law Firm Associate Training Program)
- Virtual Conference Value – Part 2: Coaching Lawyers to Make the Most of Online Events (January 2021, Legal Marketing Association, Bay Area Chapter, roundtable facilitator)
- Refresh Your Digital Self with a Virtual Networking Makeover (October 2020, BAWLR Virtual Self-Care Retreat)
- Virtual Conference Value – Part 1: Coaching Our Attorneys to Leverage Online Events (August 2020, Legal Marketing Association, Bay Area Chapter, roundtable facilitator)
- Communicating Confidently: Virtual Presence Dos and Don’ts [view PDF] (June 2020, Professional Fiduciary Association of California, Placer Chapter, interactive Zoom meeting)
- MCLE: How to Conference Like a Boss . . . And Stay Sane Doing It (September 20, 2019, California Women Lawyers Annual Conference, Sacramento, co-presented with Cami McLaren)
- Co-chair, Legal Marketing Association Social & Digital Media Shared Interest Group (2022/2023)
- Community manager and member, Sacramento Professional Advisors Network (2019 to present)
- Volunteer BD coach, The Belonging Project (2021)
- Volunteer BD coach, Chicago Bar Foundation Justice Entrepreneurs Project (2020)
- Member, Legal Marketing Association (since 2003), Bay Area Local Group Board (2009 to 2011)
- Program manager, Sacramento Region Innovation Awards (2016 to 2019)
- Volunteer, WEAVE Thrift Store Advisory Board Secretary & Social Media Manager, Certified Peer Counselor
- NorCal Boxer Rescue, foster family
- Pepperdine University, B.S., Business Administration, 1996, magna cum laude
My background in the legal industry spans 20+ years in sales, marketing, and business development roles for service providers and inside large law firms. I’ve served as a sales executive, B2B marketer, business developer, team-builder, project manager, event planner, social media strategist, and professional development coach.
Operating as J FORESTER CONSULTING LLC, I partner with C-SUITE SOLUTIONS to serve clients throughout California and beyond. Before launching my dream consultancy in 2017, I was a business development professional for AmLaw 200 firm Stoel Rives LLP (400 lawyers across seven states and ten offices) and Sacramento-based McDonough Holland & Allen PC (100 lawyers, now closed). In those roles spanning a decade, I supported strategic planning, marketing, and business development activities for firmwide practice groups and industry teams, including: Corporate; Estate Planning; Environmental and Natural Resources; Energy; Construction; Health Care; and Real Estate. Before working inside law firms, I sold advertising programs as an account executive to the NLJ 250, utilizing ALM’s suite of legal media products.
All consultants are independent contractors and not employed by C-Suite Solutions. Jennifer Forester operates as J FORESTER CONSULTING LLC, 5170 Golden Foothill Parkway, El Dorado Hills, CA, 95762